You know what? It wasn't just Tiffany, Taylor and Eric that went back to college in the fall but me too! Don and I are "empty nesters" and we decided a good plan would be for me to join him in all of his work related travels. To actually be able to help in Don's field, I need to have some current college science courses so that is what I am working on. One of my classes right now is basic college biology - I am back into mitosis, meiosis, Mendallian genetics, glycoloysis, cellular respiration etc etc - all those things that I knew I would NEVER need again! (Hmmmmm - guess never say never.) At least I live with the best biology tutor around- unbelievable the details that Don/Dad can remember in ALL those areas and he NEVER even looks at my textbook! (I am working on the prerequs to get into an occupational therapy assistant program - the same degree that Tessa has.) This time round, I am actually finding biology interesting!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Tiffany & Terri College Students Fall 2008
You know what? It wasn't just Tiffany, Taylor and Eric that went back to college in the fall but me too! Don and I are "empty nesters" and we decided a good plan would be for me to join him in all of his work related travels. To actually be able to help in Don's field, I need to have some current college science courses so that is what I am working on. One of my classes right now is basic college biology - I am back into mitosis, meiosis, Mendallian genetics, glycoloysis, cellular respiration etc etc - all those things that I knew I would NEVER need again! (Hmmmmm - guess never say never.) At least I live with the best biology tutor around- unbelievable the details that Don/Dad can remember in ALL those areas and he NEVER even looks at my textbook! (I am working on the prerequs to get into an occupational therapy assistant program - the same degree that Tessa has.) This time round, I am actually finding biology interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed Aunt Terri! Good luck studying :) We're excited to see you for Thanksgiving.
Being a mature student is great! You have all the fun of learning and none of the distractions of being a young adult!! ;-)
Post a Comment