OK based on these pictures you are going to think my rookie mom mistake was letting the kids play with the BLACK skull and crossbones stamp but that is not the case. I saw it come in the house in a Halloween treat bag and threw it away as soon as no one was looking. The rookie mistake was not throwing it away well enough.
If someone were to be digging in the kitchen garbage looking for interesting things, that someone could run across it, and then those someones could in turn decide to stamp every surface of the house while mom was snoozing after her 5am feeding with the baby. Those someones (Fletch and Ben) managed to get every wall (covered in our non washable builder paint), every piece of furniture, the tile, every white appliance, the baby's car seat, and each other of course - hands, feet, arms, stomachs, ears, faces etc.
Just look at those sweet faces though. It was not a fun scene to wake to Monday morning but how can one stay mad? In an attempt to be a more fun mom I snapped some pics and laughed with them (while we all scrubbed.) Ellis watched from his highchair and Brighton didn't make the pictures because we were rushing around trying to get her on the school bus. Just a day in the life; it's crazy but it is never boring:)
PS Steve and I just got out our ballots to be ready for tomorrow. They got that too. What's a ballot without a couple skulls and crossbones, right?
9 comments:
I was a little sick for you when I saw that--we have had our fair share. I am glad you can laugh about it!!
I guess that is what we get for napping. Waking up to poop all over is always fun too.
At least you tried to get rid of it. I missed the stamps in our buckets. Fortunately, Cordelia limited it to her arms and face before I caught her and showed her how cool it looked on PAPER!
Oh My gosh! I think I would have wanted to scream but so funny that are so cute you can't get too mad
ps.
it always happens when you think you can take just a little 5 min. snooze/ my kids get me all the time
Oh Tessa! That is awesome! What talented boys they are :) I'm sure Ellis is learning all kinds of fun things from them. I'll bet you had the most wonderful motherly feelings towards them when you came out of your bedroom to see the new decorations. You are a paragon of self-restraint :)
That is too funny! Glad you could laugh with them but I do hope it washed off!
You were always so good with patience! It's a good thing children are so adorable!!
I am laughing so hard right now! As soon as I saw the first picture I thought "oh no!" Glad to hear you came out of it all while still maintaining sanity though! I look forward to all the adventures that will come with being a mother someday!:)lol
Post a Comment