Sunday, February 22, 2009

Half Marathon Post, Finally!

I've been meaning to post these pics for awhile now. My awesome running partner and neighbor, Leah, and I have been training for another awesome friend's birthday half marathon (that's 13.1 miles, folks.) I'm proud to say we completed it in record time. Leah was nervous, as this was her first, but she kicked my tail! I didn't have the best running day but still knocked 27 minutes off my last half marathon time. All in all a big success.
This is the whole crowd before the race. The cute one up in front organized the event in honor of her birthday and these are mostly ward members but if you look close a couple Livingstone cousins made it over to run too.
Here's a close up of the lovely Livingstone ladies. This was Jess' first 1/2 and I don't even know how many for Amanda. They both did phenomenal.
Here are all our training partners. Leah and I have 6 kids between us including 2 nursing babies! They've been troopers on many a long run. Our extremely supportive husbands have been troopers too. They came to cheer us at the finish line and Steve was expert photographer.
And speaking of these cute little munchkins. What did I get to do as soon as I finished running? Sit down and nurse the baby of course. Ellis was very glad that I finished the race:)

13 comments:

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...

Way to go! It was a fun day, wasn't it? What a great birthday event. Glad we got a before picture....thanks for the copy!

Hunter Family said...

Wow, you amaze me! I feel good if I get my three mile in on my workout - by then I'm DONE! The weather looked great, too!

MOORE FAMILY said...

that is so amazing! I Cannot think of even running a whole mile without stopping let along 13 miles! Congrats on the great success.

Alli said...

You girls are awesome - I'll admit I'm a bit jealous, but not quite jealous enough to go ahead and run down the road. It hurts!

Leah said...

Great job girl! You rock! Love the pictures, and love that Ellis was ready to nurse right after you finished. Thanks for getting me out running, when is our next race?

Mikelle said...

Great job--you look great and super fit!

Lori said...

You are amazing!! Running a marathon has been a secret desire of mine for a while now. So secret, I can't make myself start training. I just keep on desiring!! You look great- 4 kids, Wow!!

Terri said...

I've been watching for pix of your 1/2 marathon and loved the ones featuring the 6 kids and baby Ellis! What amazing mums! Congratulations!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Awesome Tessa! Wish I could have been there to run with you. What was your running time...I need to know if I can even keep up with you any more?

jungleprincess said...

AWESOME, Tessa. Great photo of you and Leah with the two massive strollers. Love the breastfeeding shot at the end too. Pip also knows all too well that there's nothing like mother's milk. Thanks for coming to celebrate my birthday!

Kathy said...

You are my idol!! Great Job on the run!!

Lebanites said...

You were always the fit mom. It was fun to see a pic of Leah, looks like her mom, whom I miss.

Brooke said...

THAT IS SO AWESOME! What a good idea to organize a small yourself. I wish I could have joined you. I have been on the lookout again for a double jogger. Now that the weather is condusive again and the little ones are easier, I am really wanting one. One day I'll do a half and maybe a full marathon. I sure could use a motivated partner though!