Steve spoke in church yesterday and as an opener to his talk he asked the kids to tell him what things Mom does for them. He then read the list making the point that he did not guide any of the answers. It was what they came up with alone. Here's the list.Fletch Ben and Brighton say about mom:
She gets the prize bag down when I cant reach.
She lays out my clothes.
She turns on the computer for me when I want to play pbskids.
She makes cinnamon sprinkle toast when we are being too late.
She makes jam toast because I don’t know how to make it.
Sometimes she lets us watch TV.
She pours water over our hair for us when we are in the bath when we have shampoo in our hair.
She spreads soap around our hair for us when I missed a spot this morning.
She lets us find work jobs for us to do around the house.
She told me where to find some swim trunks are, because the ones I had were to big.
She lets us know when there is danger.
Sometimes she lets us walk on the jogs.
She also lets us look at the computer with her.
She plays games with us sometimes actually sometimes all the time.
She tells us when pre-school is going to start.
She drives us to preschool.
She lets us have snacks and drinks on jogs.
She rolls up my pants.
She takes me to the store.
She takes me on mommy daughter dates.
She got that bird out of the house with a broom.
Helps us when we get scared.
She helps us with the heating pad when our legs hurt.
She’s not selfish. She helps others. She gives presents for baby showers and stuff.
Sometimes she lets us help her.
A lot of times she makes dinner when dad doesn’t feel like making it.
She tucks us in at night.
She lets me unload the dishwasher, and load it one time.
She helps us clean our room, and sometimes cleans it by herself.
She is kind and loving because she… helps us out when we are hurt.
Sometimes she lets us know if we can’t go anywhere.
She tells good jokes sometimes.
She tells me what’s after a number.
She gets me a pair of flipflops when I can’t find them.
7 comments:
Truly a mother for all seasons! Your kids have a pretty good grasp of how diverse and omnipotent mom is. :)
What a beautiful special gift. Steve you did good.
Good job with the broom and the bird :) Cute answers kids!
Awwww - that is so sweet - there must be a whole story around the bird and the broom? Made me laugh - "a lot of times she cooks dinner when Daddy doesn't feel like making it." Kids say the cutest things!
I love it!! So cute! The whole broom with the bird had me laughing. Way to go!!!
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Dan and I had a good laugh, learned that you are still taking "JOGS". We also love the brick wall goofy pic. You have a beautiful family.
I think those are so cute. What a great idea and what a great keepsake. Definitely priceless.
Post a Comment