Friday, July 17, 2009

A Very Cool Livingstone Family Tradition







I have a favorite Livingstone family tradition and it is highlighted in this picture! Can you figure out what it is? (HINT - It is NOT the celebrating of birthdays.) It is the 'special family occasion messages written on their mirrored wallls with colored shoe polish.( Anyway, I think that is what is used to write them.) It was always neat visiting their home and seeing what the latest event or family accomplisment was. I always wished that we could have had some mirrored walls so that we could have done the same.

Even Eric got to be on the wall at this last party cuz he was part of the June/July birthday group along with Ryan, Jake and his twin sons Grant and Ben, Katie, and Mitchell. I bet there were also wedding greetings on the wall cuz it was Jessica and Mitchell's wedding weekend.
What a cool family tradition!

4 comments:

Alli said...

Yeah Eric! I'm glad he made it on the wall. That was fun :)

Arnon said...

It is a fun tradition! :) In the past we used shoe polish but now we use glass chalk - the kind car dealerships use. You can find it in the automotive section at Wal-Mart. Crayola also has a product for writing on glass/mirrors. We also write greetings on bathroom mirrors. The possibilities are endless!

Terri said...

Thanks for the info Arnon! I assume that all those products can be wiped off without much problem? I'm gonna go get me some for my little itty bitty bathroom mirror!
Just love it!

Arnon said...

My house elves, aka Jessica, Mitchell and Amanda, have always magic-ed the words off. I think they use water since I never get requests for exotic cleaning supplies... ;-)