Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy (Belated) Birthday Skyler!

So, we were so busy partying with Skyler on the 26th I didn't get the chance to wish him happy 2nd birthday on the blog. E, Grandma and I popped down for a quick weekend to celebrate the momentous occasion. (I promise Grandma was there she's just taking all the pics.) Sklyer had one rocking party and Ellis and I had a blast jump, jumping away with him at the Jump Zone. Here we are at the bottom of a huge inflatable slide.

Skyler had the most delicious Yo Gabba, Gabba cake that you can see both boys enjoyed. It was quite tasty. Bauer, agreed so much that he finished it off when we weren't looking. He is one smart doggie. I was fortunate, I ate 2 pieces and got my share first though :)
We followed up that fabulous party with another one at the park. The menu was Skyler's choosing: Chicken Mcnuggets, french fries and pop. You can see from Ellis' cheeks that quite agreed with him.
Bren and Ally graciously put us up. Their house was so prettily decorated for Christmas and they even had my favorite, white cheddar popcorn, plus a comfy bed. Thanks guys!
Here Ellis is helping Skyler to get quieted down for bedtime. The boys thought a little wrestling and body slamming was the best way to get settled down.
Flying was not our favorite part of the trip (a lot of screaming) but it was well worth it. Also, considering Ellis needed to get up at 2:45am our time for the flight home he did pretty well (see pic of him in his PJ's with clothes underneath:) I dressed him the night before so all we had to do was unzip him at the airport. Mom thought is was goofy but I didn't want to wrangle him into clothes at that hour! Thanks again guys for such a fun birthday trip and happy 2nd Skyler!

2 comments:

Don said...

Now you have given me an idea. I am going to put my jammies on tonight over tomorrow's clothes!!!

Terri said...

I indeed was there for the grand occasion and yep, I was happily photographing the special event! Thanks so much for the invite Bren and Ally - it was great fun!