Monday, December 14, 2009

Anticipation

So way back in September I bought the boys a tool bench at the thrift. They used it primarily to make pretend sandwiches and serve them. I sold it on craigslist. I took that money and found this awesome Pottery Barn kitchen set on craigs too. Finding a blue one was no SMALL feat. There are pink ones everywhere but my budding chefs needed boy colors. Then I waited and waited and waited for their birthday. It starts in half an hour. Of course they won't be awake then.I was just up checking on them and getting the view ready for when they wake up in the morning. Brighton made the posters for their magnet board. She's excited too. I sure hope they like it. 5 is a big birthday. Happy Birthday Fletch & Ben!

7 comments:

The Frosts said...

Eek...I'm so excited for them...I LOVE this post!

Alli said...

I'm totally coming over to play with that! I've been thinking about those boys today and that it is their birthday - I hope they have a happy day!

Mikelle said...

major score!

Terri said...

I hope that Steve captured on camera the excitement on mom's face as well as the boys' faces when the boys saw their present! What a fun birthday at the Watson house today!

Steve said...

@Terri,

Yeah, Steve was at work when the kids woke up. I leave in the morning to a very, very quiet house.

I love my kids. Happy Birthday Ben and Fletch!

rumplejane said...

I am sooo excited for the boys. I have had my eyes out for the same set! Hopefully Skyler will be out there to play with it soon!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ben and Fletch :)

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Can't believe it has been 5 years already! And to think I was pregnant when they were born too...de ja vu. I think it is awesome that they want to cook...keep them going on that Tess. I wish I was as adept at shopping as you...what a find.