







Our kids felt very deprived having never seen snow. We told them they weren't missing much but Brighton especially could not be convinced. She just knew it was going to be the most fun ever. We'd planned on driving north to find some last winter but it got too warm too fast and all melted. This year the hounding started even earlier. So off we drove, 3 hours roundtrip for 30 minutes of snowy fun. Fortunately we had our new multi screen DVD player from Brendan and Ally so the drive really wasn't too bad between Ellis napping and Scooby Doo. We had a lot of fun making angels and mini snowmen and sledding in a tupperware container. After 30 minutes when the socks on their hands were soaked through they were done. They were all surprised at how cold the snow was. I guess it's just something you have to experience to understand. Overall, it was a big success and I think we have a new New Year's Day tradition
8 comments:
A tupperware container! that's awesome! did it work well?
How fun! I think we would like to get in on some of that snow finding action next year!
What a good thing to do for those darling kids. I'm sure it will be a loved memory. I'm off to PA to help with new baby Beckett. Bet I get some snow experiences too.
I wish that we were driving into the snow instead of living in it right now--it's so cold!! How fun for your kids though!
How fun! I love all of the pathetic little snowmen that people (including us) build in B'ham when it snows an inch...more like mudmen, but you have to take advantage while you have the chance!!You all look terrific!!!
Now that is the way to do snow and cold - drive TO IT and then when you have had enough LEAVE IT!
What cute pix!
ummmm... I am sure they had fun. But I think it is over rated. We have snow just outside and I can't wait for it to melt! (Do I sound like a horrible grouch?) Next time you want to play in the snow just come up to SF and visit us. It is just a 9 hour drive.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
This made my day!!!!
Love it and leave it. Not a bad strategy if you ask me :)
Post a Comment