
Brighton and I went on a special mommy daughter date to go see the Nutcracker in December. Brighton had a wonderful time. The story was so new and unexpected to her and she pored over the program for days after peppering me with questions. I've had a lot of dancing friends and cousins so I've enjoyed the Nutcracker for years but it was fun to see it fresh through her eyes. Also, it was fun that in the program they listed the past Sugar Plum Fairies and Claras. We scanned down to 2001 and found our cousin, Katie. We felt like instant celebrities since we were related. When Katie came in town for Christmas Brighton presented her with the program and her own drawing of the ballet. Thanks for a fun outing Brighty!
3 comments:
That was so sweet of Brighton! It made me cry. (I guess I do that a lot these days!) Thanks again.
OH Tess I always think about the day I will be able to take Skye. I can't wait!
that is so fun for you to get a mommy daughter date. I remember being the only girl and really enjoying those times with my Mom. I'm embarrassed to say I've never seen the nutcracker!
Post a Comment