Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Snakes on a Plane (or in the living room)!

Tessa found a snake in the house. That may be overstating things a bit. It was Southwestern Threadsnake. Little thing was cruising pretty fast side to side across the floor of the front room.

Kids were all in bed. Tessa and I were hanging out on the couch when it slithered our way. Tessa freaked out. She grabbed me a cup and we caught it. Enjoy.

Cute little bugger. Going to keep it in a jar tonight to show the kids, then let it go.

I was doing some work in the yard today, so maybe I disrupted its burrow and it wanted to come chat about the housing situation (wow, this economy seems to be affecting everyone).  Wikipedia info here. Don't forget to click on the images to make them bigger ;)



5 comments:

Arnon said...

Yikes!! Centipedes, scorpions and threadsnakes! Nothing but good times at the Watson house ...

mitch&Jess said...

GROSS...I would have been screaming for sure...and I'm evil and would have had Mitchell kill it...

Alli said...

EEK! That snake is too tiny, it is even creepier because of its tiny-ness. . .

Terri said...

Reminds me of our fun times in Florida with the snakes and rats. I like that I never see either in San Francisco! Steve your photography of that critter is impressive!

Amber said...

I would have totally called that a worm, until I saw it cruising that fast and the up close picture that def. looks like snake skin. Ick. One more thing to worry about getting into my house!