Tessa and I had been sitting outside talking and hanging out. We moved into the kitchen, where I was eating the kids halloween candy. Across the kitchen Tessa screamed and jumped. This little guy (5 inches long) was crawling up the inside of her pant leg. Here is what he looked like before the poor visitor had to go away... far away. Make sure to click for a bigger picture ;) You can find out more about centipedes here.

11 comments:
Great! Now I'm going to have nightmares! I have lived here all my life and never seen one of those in the wild.
I liked this quote from that article: "Yes, they are scary looking, but try to get over it." Too funny. It was crawling up the inside of her pant leg?! I think I would still be crying if that had been me. Did she have night terrors? I probably will tonight. . .
Now Tessa and Chris Foster can share their grossest bug experiences. Just "try to get over it" Tess!
Nasty--at first I thought it was a scorpion and I totally flipped out. I am just glad it wasn't in your ear--getting those babies out is expensive!
After reading up on it I'm glad those fangs didn't get me. It only tickled up my leg and I had hurled it across the floor before I knew what it was. That sucker was huge though. I really thought it was a baby snake at first. Thankfully, Steve was on disposal duty.
YIKES!! Did you scream?...because I would have!
P.S. Okay...if I would pay attention to the title of the post...I guess shriek qualifies as a scream.
"Fast, venomous and potential risk to health" - YUCKY!!
Glad that he didn't carry my lovely daughter away - HE WAS HUGE! Hope the rest of the centipede's family knows that they are NOT invited for Thanksgiving.
Our you kidding me?!!!!!! That is sick and super scary!
oh my gosh so scarey!!! i can't believe that really happened...i;m gonna have nightmares and be checkin all the time when i feel something tingle!!
I think Tessa was just getting into the Halloween spirit with all her shrieking and cleverly using creepy crawly things as props etc. I'm sure she helped make Halloween 2010 very fun and memorable for the whole family... ;-)
I wonder what would have happened if Tessa's Dear Mother, my Dear Sister Terri, had been the one hosting the centipede... I think Terri would have immediately blamed Don, jumped in the car, called the moving company and relocated to a bug free state... Alaska??? ;-)
Post a Comment