To the Firefighter Heroes at Station #49,
This morning I buckled my 2 year old in his car seat and then inadvertently locked my only car keys in with him. I so much appreciate your kind and prompt attention to the matter.
What was initially a VERY stressful situation for us was handled so quickly, efficiently and patiently. We are all recovered now thanks to your expertise. It makes us feel safe and sound knowing you are just a phone call away in our community. Keep up the great work and thank you so very much!
Sincerely,
Tessa & Ellis
Great way to start your Monday morning, eh? Once we had been rescued I took the single key and drove to the Honda dealership and happily dropped $236 on 2 spares.
8 comments:
oh, tessa, that's terrible!!!
i'm so glad you both are okay and recovered... and that station #49 fulfills it's public service just as it should. :)
Happy to know all is safe and well.
Glad to know that I am not the only one, that has had to rely on my trusty fire department to rescue my 2 year old this year.
I lost my keys on Friday night at the soccer field and now I'm down to my spare....maybe this story is some sort of warning that I too should be dropping 236 bucks for a new key..$236...really??? Glad Ellis was recovered safe and sound!
My heart dropped as I read the entry. I hope that I would have been as clear thinking as you and called the fire department. Is it a matter of just calling 911? Was Ellis fine through the whole thing?
(In my irrational fear state, I probably would have just grabbed a golf club and smashed the window. Me and Elin think that way. jk)
I thought about a chair through the window but decided I wasn't that strong so it would be plan B:) I actually called AAA because I knew they were fast and they then called emergency roadside, the fire department and a locksmith so that whoever got there first could get him out. Ellis never caught on that he was stuck. We just played peek a boo and games until they came. It took them about 2 minutes to get him out. Glad it's over!
Oh and Katie yep $175 for the first key to get reprogrammed $40 for the second. You still have the same van as us?
I am impressed with how you remained so calm! I have had this fear that I am going to do the same thing - especially in my "new mommy mushy brain" state of mind...so now I'll know what to do if it happens. Happy everyone is okay!
We only have one key for our vehicle too, but it's only $75 for another one. I'm guess I should just do it, but I don't want to. Glad everyone's okay! Good thing it wasn't in the middle of the summer. HOT!
Post a Comment