


We love to eat out but feeding this crowd gets pretty expensive. So we have to get creative. For instance, did you know that yesterday if you wore orange to Whataburger you got a free whataburger? (FYI those things are as big as my head!) Or if you wore your costume to Sweet Tomatoes halloween weekend kids ate free? (Plus I had a buy one get one for the grown ups.) Or if you wore a sports jersey to Chik-fil-a on the allotted day they'd give you a free sandwich? (And they usually put a coupon for another free one in the bag.) Although we did miss the free sandwiches on dress up like a cow day. Darn.
My kids are still small enough they humor me and will generally wear whatever though Brighton did throw a bit of a fit over the orange dress yesterday. In the end though they think it's pretty exciting to eat out and will wear whatever gets us free food. Aren't we festive in our orange garb? Thanks Whataburger, Sweet Tomatoes and Chik-fil-a!
11 comments:
I love it! I never know about cool stuff like that.
Next time you know about something awesome like this, send me an email, please! :) The pics of you all in orange make me giggle. :)
Beauty!
I heart free stuff--and I love Brighton's dress!!
Seriously Tess you are my Thrift Idol!! I want to be more like you!!
I love orange!...especially Brighton's dress. How do you find out about all these things?
I had no idea you could score all that stuff with just a couple wardrobe alterations? I will try to get on that. How do you hear about that stuff? The newspaper, radio?
You all look adorable in your orange, but I was wondering why there was so much orange going on in that picture
Look at all of you Auburn fans!!! Or I guess you'd probably say Florida..right?
Tessa! you are the epitome of a thrift maven. In the book "The Tipping Point: How Small Things Can Make a Big Difference" Gladwell says mavens are "information specialists", or "people we rely upon to connect us with new information." They accumulate knowledge, especially about the marketplace, and know how to share it with others. Mavens start "word-of-mouth epidemics" due to their knowledge, social skills, and ability to communicate. "Mavens are really information brokers, sharing and trading what they know".(taken from Wikipedia)
You definitely understand the intricacies of thrifting and are very generous about sharing your expertise. :-)
A lot of them are from the blog www.freebies4mom.blogspot.com. It's a great resource. Is that "mavenlike" Arnon?
Kudos to my "maven daughter"!
I think it is neat that you have your camea at all these important events. luvya!
Post a Comment