I thought the race route was gonna be pretty flat and only the night before realized that there were BIG HILLS and a sandy beach part that I would have to run. ( I know I know - what was I thinking considering that I live in San Francisco.)

Despite the obstacles, I kept up a 14 minute mile pace and that was even stopping to dump sand out of my shoes after the beach run. (Whew - needed that break anyway!) It was such a gorgeous day running up to the Bridge and then along the beautiful cliffs. (Be sure and notice how far down the cliff Baker Beach is - see those little bitsy people in the photo? )
You know what though -I really should find a 1/2 Marathon to do in Wichita - I don't think a person could even FIND a hill to include in that race!
2 comments:
Awesome! I haven't been to the blog in a while, and now I have found this. Congrats. That is some seriously hard work.
- this is steve by the way on Tessa's comptuer (she is on mine)
Post a Comment