There is the family that I got to teach and pretty much watch grow together and be apart of their conversion to the gospel the whole time I was in Costa Rica. Then the baptism of Alex and his gramma Clemencia.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Elder Fletcher's thoughts on his recent mission transfer to Mazatlan, Mexico
Right now I am writing from Mazatlan because I got transferred and no longer am in Costa Rica, Mexico.
I really didn´t think that I left that big of an impact on the people there in Costa Rica, but I guess I did. One thing that I never learned before my mission or what they never taught me in the mission is the love that you would feel for the people and the difficulty it would be to leave them. As well they never taught me what to do when I would go and say goodbye to a family that you had been teaching and then they all start busting out crying. Now that was a hard, but yet loving experience. It really was amazing to be able to be used in the hands of the Lord as his instrument. It was pretty hard to say goodbye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He's so sweet. Fun to hear his insights.
I must admit I teared up a bit over Elder Fletcher’s sweet humility. :)
Post a Comment