

1.He likes to read Calvin and Hobbes with us (see above.)
2.He buys fun presents that make me laugh - the latest are two little monkeys that he hides around the apartment for me to find.
3.He still loves dinky automobiles.
4.He has an amazing sport coat collection.5.He calls me during the day no matter where I am to see how my day is going.
6.He makes it possible for me to go visit our children and never complains of the cost of air flights.
7.He has a strong desire to serve and help his patients and serve and help ward members as their Bishop.
8.He is always interested in my life (no matter what I'm doing sports, school, work etc.)
6.He makes it possible for me to go visit our children and never complains of the cost of air flights.
7.He has a strong desire to serve and help his patients and serve and help ward members as their Bishop.
8.He is always interested in my life (no matter what I'm doing sports, school, work etc.)
9.He strives to always listen to the Spirit and act on it.
10.He is always super nice to everyone (treats his secretaries and bosses equally well.)
11.He never gets mad.
12.He remembers us (I like the weekly thoughts.)
13.He finances and attends fun family activities.
25.He watches sunsets with me.

14.He likes to go for bike rides with me.
15.He likes to go roller blading with me.
16.He brings his Ipad and lets us play on it too.
17.He gives awesome back scratches and presents, like chocolate.
18.He's a bridge builder.
18.He's a bridge builder.
19.He is an amazing grandpa to Skyler, Addy, and Jack Bauer.
20.He is amazing at keeping in touch with all the family.
20.He is amazing at keeping in touch with all the family.
21.He has an incredible knowledge of airline flight patterns.
22.He read Red Ribbon Rosey with me.
23.He made sure we always had the BEST SCIENCE PROJECTS!
24.He plays 10 good things about my day.25.He watches sunsets with me.

26.He is extremely kind.
27.He's a good example of what a Dad should be.
28.He likes to eat grapefruit with me.
29.He can slice a mango like nobody's business.
30.He's easy to talk to.
31.He lets us drive his cars despite our track records.
32.He has a remarkable affinity for jump drives.
33.He gives good foot rubs.
34.He loves marriage and loves to share with others that marriage is a wonderful institution.
35.He has a strong testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
36.He is generous, thoughtful, compassionate and genuine.
37.He loves his children and grandchildren and and is proud of all of them.
38.He likes things that are CHOCOLATE.
39.He always loves whatever I cook for him - even if burnt, overspiced or yucky.
35.He has a strong testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
36.He is generous, thoughtful, compassionate and genuine.
37.He loves his children and grandchildren and and is proud of all of them.
38.He likes things that are CHOCOLATE.
39.He always loves whatever I cook for him - even if burnt, overspiced or yucky.
40.He will take a nap with me (see below.)


41.He has extensive sports knowledge even though I've hardly seen him watch a sporting event in the last 10 years.
42.He has celebrity status as champion of his new ward.
43.He went sledding down the hills with me in Missouri.
44.He gives great talks to small groups or to very large groups!
45.He is a great listener.
46.He is a patient teacher - even when I am asking the same thing over and over.
47.He thinks that I have something good to offer his patients with my schooling
48.He taught me how to make Raumen with peas.
45.He is a great listener.
46.He is a patient teacher - even when I am asking the same thing over and over.
47.He thinks that I have something good to offer his patients with my schooling
48.He taught me how to make Raumen with peas.
49.He taught me how to make a cream sauce.
50.He is always positive and upbeat about life.
51.He gives lots of compliments to everyone and really means them.
52.He always tells me I'm pretty no matter how crazy my hair or clothes.
53.He likes new experiences. He's not intimidated by change.
54.He loves General Conference.
54.He loves General Conference.
55.He doesn't waste food (he will finish the expired milk.)
56.He is a great example of how to balance family, church, and work.
And then we just got on a roll and couldn't stop so here are some more special things submitted beyond 56. Because really, can you have too many nice things said about you on your birthday?
57.He never hesitates to share with everyone that he is a religious guy and a member of the Mormon faith
58.He is very smart about the sciences and the arts
59.He has a good memory for special occasions and of our accomplishments.
60.He says "I love you" every day.
61.He's super smart and knows the answer to any question I ask him.
62.He enjoys chick flicks; he's a romantic.
Happy 56th Birthday! We sure love you lots!!
Love, All of your Family
4 comments:
I love my Daddy so much! Happy birthday Dadeo. I hope you know how special you are to me!
Awwww Tessa - what a neat birthday idea! Can't wait for the birthday boy to find this very special tribute to him. You are so right - once you start thinking of neat things about Dad, you just can't stop - the list is endless!
This was so very very nice. It really made my day.
Thanks much.
Here are a few more Special Things About Don!
63. He is a fabulous tour guide. Even if he has never previously been to a city or country he researches and creates an interesting itinerary, maps out the travel plans and leads the way.
64. He prayerfully and unselfishly chose a career path that has blessed many, many people all over the world.
65. He is modest about his achievements.
66. He is extremely generous with his time, talents and resources.
The Livingstones feel blessed to count Dr. Don as family! :)
Post a Comment