Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An Inappropriate Snowman

The kindergarten classes have a monthly family project they send home for us to work on together and then we send it in to be displayed. This month it is a snowman. I sat Bennon down after school to work on it. Fletcher was watching over his shoulder and I heard him scoff that the snowman had no clothes on. Apparently, Ben decided to take it one step further. Over dinner I heard Fletcher say what about the green thing on your snowman and point down his pants. As I am saying the phrase I am really doing my best to not absolutely bust up laughing, "Ben, did you draw a p*nis on your school snowman? We do not draw p*nises on our snowmen. You need to draw him some green shorts to cover that up." Seriously, the things that you never imagined you would get to say as a parent! Tell me I'm not the only mother to have this type of conversation.

Partners in crime on their 6th birthday.

8 comments:

Susan said...

bahahaha! love this. :)

Spence and Car said...

ha that is the funniest story. glad you shared it!!! boys will be boys i guess.

Katie said...

This would be David's favorite topic of conversation...at home...in public...you name it. My other kids go between being in hysterical laughter and being absolutely mortified by this behavior. We're working on it.

Alli said...

That is so funny! Boys are weird. Thank you so much for all the help this week, you saved my life.

Amy said...

that is HILARIOUS! Thanks for the good laugh!

jungleprincess said...

I love it, Tessa!! But why oh why didn't you post a photo of the special snowman?? I love how kids do the funniest things and I have to restrain myself--not laugh or whip out the camera--to keep from encouraging the behavior. It is so hard to be the grown-up sometimes!

Brooke said...

That is so funny! My kids and I have plenty of awkward conversations! With the new baby being born soon, Macie has been esp. curious about how the baby gets out. Oh dear.

Michelle said...

Love this story, Tessa! I still have a pic of Luke's anatomically-correct bear painting. A classic ;)